Happy Friday everyone! I am packing up and heading to Seattle for the day. My favorite musician Howie Day is playing at Tractor Tavern tonight and I can’t miss it. Add on some shopping at the boutiques in Belmont and I think I have a great day ahead of me!
Here’s what you may have missed this week:
– 6 Tips for shamelessly finding the best deal
– Michelle Williams bundles up in NYC
– Embrace the remainder of Winter with Mango
– Lanvin inspired flats for just $40?
– A Minkoff Mock-off? You bet!
– Oscar de la Renta does Coral, but Target does it better
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
I’ve been busily trying out my new birthday gift – 2 months early. My husband must have picked up on my passive cues to get me a new camera. I obviously haven’t perfected the settings, but I’ve been having fun with it.
Great weekend to put up the Christmas tree, cuddle with the cat and do some squirrel watching from the window. And we got our first holiday card (from a friend in Ethopia). Now it’s Monday night and I’m huddled by the fire with the laptop, anxiously awaiting the snow (a light dusting = snowpocalypse here in Portland).
I apologize for the lack of updates this week, as I’ve been in San Francisco. I did manage a few. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
– Scarlett Johanssen shines for Mango
Single Designer Mock-offs:
– Plaid Dress. See by Chloe ($302) VS Charlotte Russe ($24)
Thank goodness it’s Friday. Battled through a sinus infection and head cold. Tonight, it’s me and the couch catching up on our shows.
Here is everything you may have missed this week:
– Jessica Stam kicks it for Aldo
– Knock-out seafoam dress. Herve Leger ($975) VS Michael Stars ($55)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
I think I speak for everyone when I say TGIF. It has been unbearably hot in these parts, as I know it has in many other parts of the country. I hope everyone is able to stay cool and relaxed this weekend.
Here is the round-up:
– Songstress Rihanna shows off her eclectic style.
– Stay cool in a cargo dress. Burberry ($495) VS J Crew ($118)
– Classy nude tunic. Rag & Bone ($325) VS Equipment ($70)
– Studded Wrap Belt. Derek Lam ($235) VS Elegantly Waisted ($83)
I usually stay away from posting on Sunday mornings, but this one somehow seems relevant. Most Sunday mornings in my place are spent browsing home design blogs. One of my favorites is The Selby, a blog that showcases the living spaces of artists, models, designers, writers and other creative professionals. Todd Selby started the blog in 2008 and many dream to be featured on the popular site. A lucky few have been featured in a brand new book, The Selby Is In Your Place.
Some call The Selby The Satatorialist for the hipster set. I tend to agree and browsing through this colorful coffee table guide solidifies those thoughts. Selby has captured the creative spaces of many in the fashion crowd including Erin Wasson, Helena Christensen, Christian Louboutin and Karl Lagerfeld. (The cost of the book alone is worth a glimpse into Lagerfeld’s book filled studio!)
As a lover of all things vintage, I loved flipping through the book and admiring the quirky collections of other vintage loving types. It makes me want to drop everything and head to the nearest Goodwill in search of treasures! I suppose that’s what Sundays are for, afterall.